The conference took place on 24 November and provided the opportunity for the Commission to present preliminary findings from the evaluation of the public consultations and gather views and suggestions on preliminary proposals under the impact assessment.
- EU school scheme | common agricultural policy
- Brussels, Belgium
- Live streaming available
- Charlemagne BuildingRue de la Loi 170, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Who should attend
- Member States, public authorities and private stakeholders involved in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the current EU school scheme, and the academic and scientific community.
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish
- Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Social media links
The conference was organised as part of a consultation process in the context of the review of the EU School Scheme. It gathered 78 participants in the meeting room and 1501 participants followed the web streaming. Participants included national authorities, EU bodies and a broad range of stakeholders, including producers, trade and business representatives, NGOs and researchers.
The event presented the opportunity to discuss the challenges of the School Scheme in the context of the review along with the societal, economic and environmental aspects of sustainability. The possibility of better aligning the scheme with EU policy priorities, notably the EU Green Deal, the Farm to Fork Strategy, and Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan, were explored. The results of the 2022 CAP Special Eurobarometer Survey - dedicated section on the EU School Scheme - and of the public consultation were presented, as well as preliminary findings of the evaluation. The European Parliament report from July 2022 and preliminary findings of the EESC evaluation report were also presented.