This statement applies to content published on the ‘Agriculture and rural development’ website under the URL agriculture.ec.europa.eu.
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement.
This website is managed by Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- zoom up to 200% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
This website is partially compliant with and the . See ‘Non-accessible content’ for more details.
The website was last tested in October 2023.
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared by a self-assessment done by the public sector body, (see Article 3(1) of Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/1523).
The next review is scheduled for October 2024.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Agriculture and rural development website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Feedback form: Write to us
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The ‘Agriculture and rural development’ website is designed to be compatible with the following most used assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Google Chrome and Apple Safari browsers.
The accessibility of the ‘Agriculture and rural development’ website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Word
- Subtitle format: SRT.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the ‘Agriculture and rural development’ website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the ‘Agriculture and rural development’ website:
- Navigation menu accessibility: Some content has not been properly coded for the best experience with a screen reader. We plan to fix this issue by March 2024.
- Some audiovisual content may not be optimised, in particular:
- Some images may miss meaningful description, conversely purely decorative images may be made visible to screen readers.
- Many documents are PDF and are not accessible.
- Heading hierarchy: Some headings do not follow the correct heading hierarchy, which can cause problems for screen reader users. We plan to fix this by March 2024.
- Feedback form – error messages: Error messages in the feedback form are not associated with the field in which the error was detected and do not clearly indicate in which field the error was detected. We plan to fix this issue over the course of 2024.
- Graphs and charts – use of colour: Some graphs and charts on the website rely on colour alone to communicate information, which is confusing for people with colour vision deficiency. In charts where labels are not visually associated with the corresponding coloured section, clicking on the labels in the legends toggles the corresponding line, bar, or section on or off, which allows users to check which label belongs to which part of the chart. We plan to fix this issue over the course of 2024.
- Video captions: Some of our videos do not have captions. We are continuously working on adding them to more videos.
- Video player – keyboard accessibility: We are aware of some issues with the keyboard accessibility of our video player (when selecting the caption language from the menu, it is not possible to use the arrow keys to move between languages, this can only be done with the TAB key).
- The sample of webpages tested using keyboard only performed well. We will continue testing this functionality in ongoing development of the website.